Wednesday, August 20, 2008

fashion flashback: My So Called Life


Oh angela and jordan, you crazy crazy kids. I can't believe it was that long ago when this show was on! I remember thinking, yes my life is just like this (except in reality it wasn't really hahaha).


For those who grew up in the 90s, do you remember when flannel was just a part of everyday wear? When it wasn't relegated to lumberjacks and the pacific northwest? Ahh when it was so cool to wear the loose jeans, the loose everything pretty much....and doc martens combat boots...





I also had that jumper dress that Danielle is wearing. IN FACT, I had one made! Hahaha I remember taking a pair of overalls and finding the right pair of flannel! Though it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted too, it was a noble effort for a tween.




and all the older girls wore dresses like sharon with scrunchies in their hair! In retrospect now it looks really dowdy lol.



and more flannel!!!!!! And the choker!


and finally just for fun!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know -- with the second generation of 90210 coming out, I have been thinking about fashion in the nineties -- like scrunchies and flannel etc -- and you are so right.

I know we make fun of the 80s, but there was definitely some frump going on in the nineties.

somehow, though, after about 1994 (when i finished high school) i just wore jeans and black sweaters, so at least those pictures are not as disturbing.

though i always had a scrunchie -- hmmm....

Karina said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, wasn't this a great show? My sister gave me the box set last birthday! Ahhhhhhhhhhh! :-)