Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ashley Greene and Ian Somerhalder in Vancouver

On my daily morning read of New Moon updates, newmoonmovie.org posted info and a link to blogger Vancity Allie whom met some of the Cullens at a 100 Monkeys show in Vancouver last night! She had a wonderful encounter with them (Kristin Stewart, Nikki Reed, Taylor Lautner, Peter Facinelli, Kellan Lutz, Ashley Greene, and Jackson Rathbone). 100 Monkeys also played a great set and everyone had enjoyed themselves. Read Allie's whole experience here!

100 Monkeys played at the Backstage Lounge on Granville Island. It made me incredibly wistful because I've been to granville island before on many a visit up to Vancouver while I lived on the west coast.
But another piece of Allie's tale caught my attention. Ashley brought a friend with her to the show and another attendee had said it was Ian Somerhalder who is best known as Boone from LOST. It was hard to tell though if it was really him because the male figure was wearing a black hat and had dark non-descript hair. I remember Ian with light hair as Boone and haven't really seen a recent picture of him. What was even more interesting is that Allie felt that the two seemed very close.

"15 minutes later and I’m standing right beside Ashley Greene and her boyfriend? Not sure if it’s her boyfriend or a close friend. Pretty sure they are dating. I am later told it is Boone from LOST. I thought I recognized him somewhere! He’s wearing a cool bowler hat, and him and Ashley are dancing closely. It was amazing to see them so intimate and absorbed in each other in the midst of a huge crowd of Twilight fans."

I got curious and wanted to see what I could find to confirm if it really was Ian!

And I think it is, he was spotted in downtown Vancouver last week as he is playing Damon in the new CW series Vampire Diaries. Awww how cute! :) Check out the sighting here from Vampire Diaries Online.

Here is a picture of Ian from last week taken from Vampire Diaries Online:




Notice, it's the same feather in the cap! Ian has is hair dyed black! Voila, have a feeling it's gotta be him.




thanks for indulging my continued twilight fueled posts. :) back to our regular programming!


(images from vampire diaries online and vancity allie)


No comments: