Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Flats, Flats, and Flats!




In my curiosity to find out where I rank on google if one searched for "ballerina flats" I stumbled upon the site http://www.prettyballerinas.com/, initially I thought they made actual ballet shoes but was happily surprised to see a great selection of everyday flats!!!

It is apparently a very old European company that has been making shoes in 1918.

Site info:

Pretty ballerinas, ballet pumps, ballet flats and other quality flat shoes.



We have been making ballet flats since 1918 and some models have remained unchanged for over 40 years. The fouth generation of the family business has just appeared in our catalogue and we still make 100% the shoes in the village where we started business all those years ago.


Each shoe shape has the name of a famous lady - we started with icons of the silver screen from the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s and have moved on to famous ladies in the world of fashion, music and more contempory film stars.


This means when you buy Marilyn in a size 39 (a 9 US) this season, a Marilyn in 39 will fit you just the same next season.


The shoes are sized in continental sizes for those of you who already shop in our stores in London, Madrid and Paris. To convert to US just subtract 30, so a 37 is a US7 and a 40 is a US10.

IT'S EXPENSIVE THOUGH. You might be better off getting a pair of Delmans or Repetto.


3 comments:

Faith J. said...

I am agonizing over a pair of orange patent Delman flats I found on eBay for about $70. I know it's a great deal, but...

K said...

ack I feel your pain!

I remember when there was a slew of Delmans for around $50 on gilt and I didn't buy any!

Faith J. said...

OK, so no one bought the eBay Delmans so they're relisted for $60! I bidded, now I wait to see if I win. I can't resist the orange color for spring and summer!