Sunday, February 22, 2009

i've got to edit myself

after reading this post http://the-search-for-chic.blogspot.com/2009/02/thoughts-on-state-of-fashion.html, it got me thinking about my own clothing choices versus what i blog about and what I enjoy reading about.

firstly i reccently realized that i started caring more about what i was wearing and how it looked on me in the last two years. after a tumultuous point in my life i re-emerged in a new environment and as cheesy and cliched as it sounds, i learned more about myself and discovered for the first time what it felt like to be comfortable in my own skin.

i can definitely say that i am happiest now in my choice of clothes, shoes and accessories than ever before. but i definitely don't stand out in a crowd. case in point, today i am wearing a pair of brown tweed pants, a black cashmere crew neck sweater, a charcoal grey pea-hoodie (that scored from etsy) and a pair of black chucks. i love each piece that i am wearing though even though it's pretty standard.

i have an over abundance of black clothes. presently all i want to buy is grey, white, or navy. i love hoodies, cardigans, and dresses. I have a growing dress collection that I'm intend to build as stand alone pieces with structure, detail - be it more menswear inspired or feminine. i am also on the quest to find the perfect yellow summer dress.

shoes - i love flats (obviously!) but im now starting to buy more heels as well. how often will I wear it though? no where as near as much as I wear my flats now!

what i've realized though is that as many fashion blogs/magazines that I browse through, in the end i just go with what i like. with that said...

THIS IS A NOTE TO CLEAN YOUR CLOSET!!!!! GET RID OF ALL THOSE CLOTHES YOU DON'T WEAR!!! YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

2 comments:

WendyB said...

Hmmm, I don't see anything about adding to your jewelry collection ;-)

WendyB said...

If you're thinking of the Lotus, check it out here to see how it looks on a person:
http://www.jewelboxdreams.com/2008/05/lotus-love.html