Sunday, April 5, 2009

etsy designer: FINCH

I came across this etsy shop last Thursday and I couldn't stop myself from staring and lusting after these gorgeous pieces. It's one of those moments when you ask yourself, do I really have $$$ to spare so I can buy all these beautiful things?

Finch is created by Petro Nieuwoudt who is based out of Cape Town, South Africa. She graduated in 2008 from the Cape Peninsula University of Technology with a degree in fashion. She also works are a freelance stylist and designer.

Nieuwoudt's etsy statement about her designs:

Finch Spring/Summer `09 brings a couture sensibility to the contemporary customer, seeking to narrow the gap between designer and contemporary clothing. Inspired by a mix of downtown and uptown, masculine and feminine, casual and smart, the Finch collection is unique in the mixture of androgynous menswear inspired waistcoats and shirts with delicate mini-dresses, feminine detailing and unusual fabrics. The collection ranges from wardrobe basics to bespoke, while dramatic black and pure white becomes the protagonists of a new modernity and forms the primary colour palette. With a nod towards something edgy, and a distinct 80`s love-worn, rock `n roll undertone…



This is what made my jaws drop when I first saw it. *swooooooon*




2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I so agree about the video btw - I want to forward it to everyone, but then I realize I should have some restraint. LOL