Sunday, April 12, 2009

soir de lune flats

I am going gaga over soire de lune flats. Yoox.com has a fantastic collection of them available now. I love the feminine touches of bows and straps (whether thick or thin) really adds something to the shoe without going overboard.

The prices are between $100-180 which isn't cheap, but not ridiculously expensive either. If your looking for simple but definitely chic ballet flats, you can't go wrong here!





the question is whether they are comfortable or not. I'm still looking for reviews on these babies.
L and I are going to be in new york this coming weekend. While I'll be busy with "work" during the day I'm already planning out my shopping stops. I would just kick myself if I didn't go.
I was watching The Rachel Zoe project on bravo yesterday (there was a marathon and i swear there was nothing else to watch lol) and she got some beautiful vintage pieces while she was at fashion week. I wish I could remember the name of that store...
While I don't think I can afford the stuff she wears, I'm definitely going to have to make a stop at Top Shop. I met one of the hiring managers for the store quite randomly many months ago while she was in DC for the weekend and I'm so happy its finally opened!
My other must must go to: Uniqlo because i need cheap cashmere cardigans.
Mmmm does anyone have any other suggestions to where I must definitely definitely stop by?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for passing along the info - i LOVE the flats in the 3rd from the top photo...gold with black bow.

what a cute blog - loving the Degas header too!
xoxo

EmilyUK said...

My Soir de Lunes are nearly worn through because I wear them tons! Here is a link to them on my friend Whit's blog. I bought them in Paris a few years ago and they are super soft and comfortable!

http://laviedewhitney.blogspot.com/2009/04/it-really-is-all-about-shoes.html